Digital marketing is a fast-moving industry. Every new Google update, social media trend, and viral news story presents an opportunity for digital marketers to capitalize on. A few tried and true digital marketing methods do exist, but generally speaking, it is best to keep your head on a swivel to be in front of the next exciting new strategy. The digital marketing experts at Abogados NOW have come together and identified the five most exciting digital marketing strategies to look forward to in 2021.
Start planning for these now, if you aren’t already.
- Inclusivity. We have been preaching this for a long time, but the Spanish-language market is largely ignored, which is tragic since the Spanish-speaking population has such tremendous buying power. The recent spotlight on diversity and inclusion means that many marketing efforts in 2021 are going to include groups that had previously been overlooked. We are excited to see where inclusive marketing takes us and pledge to be by your side every step of the way. We have experts in cultural competency on staff and can skillfully guide your inclusive marketing strategies.
- No-click searches. You may have noticed that occasionally, the answer to your query presents itself in a little box at the top of your screen when you Google something nowadays. This is called a featured snippet, and it is a way that Google is getting answers in front of users even faster. For years, SEO experts have been chasing top positions on Google to drive clicks, but in 2021 we predict that the focus will shift into ranking high enough to support a featured snippet. It will paint you as a thought leader and create a ton of brand equity that does not necessarily accompany a click.
- Interactive content. Clicking isn’t the only way audiences can interact with your content. Quizzes, polls, calculators, and widgets all present ways for your customers to interact with your brand. This will create a more personal connection between you and your audience since they will be volunteering their thoughts and information. It is a seemingly non-invasive way to engage your audience that has a significant impact.
- Local SEO. If you are not a national brand, why should you bother competing on a national level? Google supports local SEO efforts through Google My Business. If you are not already developing a regional SEO strategy, consider this your sign and jump on board now.
- Voice Search Content. When users ask Siri to find them something, the list of results they get differs from the results they would get from a text-based search. To optimize voice search traffic, you need to develop content specifically for voice search. This is an under-tapped search stream that we think has enormous potential in 2021.
Make it your New Year’s Resolution to think big when it comes to digital marketing. There is a ton of opportunity out there, and innovative and forward-thinking marketers are going to take advantage of it. Make sure you are among them.