TikTok is a video publishing platform that allows creators to record, edit, and upload one-minute videos. The sophisticated algorithm serves users content that they have already demonstrated interest in through liking and commenting, and therefore the entire experience is very customizable. For example, if you are interested in cooking, you may search for and like videos that demonstrate recipes and provide at-home cooking tips. Once you have engaged with a few cooking-related videos, the platform will begin to show you more and more cooking videos. It is simple, intuitive, and easy for users.
Advertising on TikTok looks slightly different than it does on other websites and applications. There are no banner ads and no text options. To upload an advertisement, your firm will have to create a video, and that video will have to be relevant to what TikTok users are searching for and engaging with.
Below are some ideas for advertising on TikTok. Don’t be intimidated by this platform. After all, it is offering a whole new advertising stream that can help your law firm to connect with potential clients you may not have associated with otherwise:
- Record client testimonials. Everyone loves a third-party testimonial. If your law firm has significantly improved or affected someone’s life, ask them to tell their story on camera. Story-telling is a great way to draw in viewers.
- Tell your story. Justice is a huge topic within the zeitgeist, making it an excellent time for attorneys to explain what drove them to pursue a law career.
- Hop on a TikTok dance trend. Dancing is hugely popular on this application. It may feel silly, but a goofy dance video from your firm will humanize your legal team and intrigue viewers.
- Offer free legal advice. There are some fantastic professionals on TikTok giving out healthcare advice, career advice, fitness advice, and more. Everyone loves an inside look, so start giving away some ideas for free.
- Remember that authenticity beats professionalism. The audience on TikTok skews young, and young people are more likely to respond to a personal appeal than a highly produced commercial.
Advertising on TikTok can separate your firm from the competition. So set up that ring light, learn some light choreography, and get your message out there!